Sunday, August 26, 2007

new season of blessing

Well, lotsa stuff happened in the recent days, but Ireally wanna give glory to God for one particular event :)
As most of u who have come to know me in recent times, I was given this cross pendant at the end of year1 in VJ as a christmas present from my mom. Well, for those who don't noe, this is one special pendant, cuz it was to commemorate my coming back from my 1st mission trip (to Berkasi, Indonesia). During that trip I grew by leaps and bounds and so I asked mom to get mi a cross pendant so that I can be proud of my faith in a way that i never did before.
And true enough, as I honoured God by making this decision, indeed God honoured me back :) Truly, the J2 has got to be one of the best times of my life! Not only was God's blessing in all that I do, I felt a new sense of freedom and power. Even though I struggled many times during the year, I knew God helped me through it all and even blessed me with good results for the As and even a fantastic boyfriend :) And I even discovered a new talents in running and mentoring. But best of all was the spiritual high i had all year. Together with strong brothers and sisters in Christ, I was really stretched to the max spiritually, sharing lives Christian fellowships in S22 and council. In short, life was great :)
And just as i begin my new life in uni and start to forget how life was like being on a spiritual high, I suddenly lose that special necklace... And I looked frantically for it all over the place. It could have been anywhere since i put it in my handbag and brought it all over the place - in hall and then even to marina square to watch a movie. It could have dropped out ANYWHERE! Well, after searching in vain for a few days i was just gonna accept my fate that it was gone and i'd prob have to get a new one this christmas... But of course i was really upset... Afterall that pendant had been with mi for so long and everytime i looked at it, it reminded mi of God's blessing on my life. So I prayed, but i didn't really believe i'd find it cuz it was really impossible to find it if i'd really dropped it anywhere. So anyway, to cut the long story short, I found it. (so anti-climax) I wasn't even expecting to find it as i went up to the admin office to ask (and for that matter i was just passing by, so i decided to try lor), afterall, if someone found it they might have just kept it for themself or thrown it away right? But it was there! What a miracle! I was jumping around telling everyone! Anyway, just wanna give God all the glory :) For me, the re-possession of this pendant signifies the new season of blessing and the new level of spiritual high I wanna acheive this year and in the years to come in KR and NUS :)

On another note, by popular demand, i shall now talk about cute guys in NUS. Heh, of course got lah :P [Sorry ah darling, dun feel so threatened, u noe i'm not the type who'll go for just looks rite?! :)] Mostly seniors living in my hall. In my opinion, sadly, they're mostly outside my block... LQ, i bet if u came here u'll have plenty of eye candy :P But as for pple around sch, maybe i dunno them yet or wad, but i haven't met anyone whom really makes mi go 'wow' lah... but then again, as u noe, not that many pple make mi go 'wow' anyway :P

4 comments:

layQ said...

my dear grace chia!
how have you been? hope nus is treating you well and not drowning you in tutorials(yikes!) am missing you guys loads and totaly looking forward to seeing you all in 2 weeks time :D in the meantime please take care and dun burn out!

doryyy said...

HAHAHA. GRACE AHR.
haiyo. i also wanna spy on EC!! maybe when layqueen comes back from malaysia, i'll drive both of us down to NUS and you can show us where all the cute guys are HOHOHO. (:

-dory

Anonymous said...

Hey honey! Hee! Blog somemore leh! I wanna know more about your life even though I see you almost everyday! hehe! I'm in Pulai Springs now! Wish u were here. Oh well, you're coming to KL with me so thats good! yups! Take care and love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Grace Chia! I came across your blog...haha...thought it would be rude to read it without letting you know...so there hahaha

I am Jasmine-Tkgrcy